AARP Part D Savings
- Provide a ZIP code to determine Medicare Part D plans in any given area in the US
- AARP MedicareRx plans insured through UnitedHealthcare
- The site is administered by UnitedHealthcare – UnitedHealth Group Center, 9900 Bren Road East, Minnetonka, MN 55343 – 952-936-1300
Any questions in regards to the AARP Part D Savings program can be directed to 877-556-4253, TTY 711 from 8 a.m.-8 p.m. local time. The site also allows a user to search through a online directory to locate a pharmacy and map its location, obtain estimated prescription drug cost and enroll in a Medicare Part D (please be sure to research all plans in order to make the best decision).
AARP MedicareRx Plans With UnitedHealthcare Highlights/Lowlights
- A variety of different $ 0 annual deductible plans
- Pick from a network of over 65,000 providers
- Brand name and generic drug coverage
- Consumers do not need to be a member of AARP to enroll
- Not all pharmacy customers will receive preferred retail pharmacy pricing as it will depend on the given pharmacy
- Copays apply after the deductible
- Enrollment in AARP MedicareRx Plans with United depends on the plan’s contract renewal with Medicare
- UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company pays royalty fees to AARP
Please note customers are not required to use the OptumRx Mail Service Pharmacy and all prescriptions through OptumRx require a Doctors approval. Before any prescriptions are sent OptumRx is mandated to make contact with the customer by phone. If the customer cannot be reached via phone Optum will not send the prescription. OptumRx can be reached at 1-877-889-5802 with any questions or comments (Optum is an affiliate of UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company).
- Multi billion dollar managed health care company
- Operates under two business segments: UnitedHealthcare and Optum
- Based out of Minnetonka, Minnesota
UnitedHealth Group employs over 165,000 people and serves more than 70 individuals making it one of the largest companies in the United States in terms of revenue and size. The company dates back to 1977 when it went under the name Charter Med Incorporated. Charter Med was one of the first nation wide health care plans to introduce plans for senior citizens.