Aveeno Active Naturals Settlement
- Online and by mail claim filing available
- Important deadlines apply to settlement
- Administrator can be contacted for help
These days when it comes to the word “natural” companies need to be VERY careful on how it is used on a product label. Johnson & Johnson would likely agree with this statement after the recent $6.75 million settlement of the class action lawsuit titled Goldemberg v. Johnson &Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. The suit was filed over allegations by the Plaintiffs that Johnson & Johnson made misstatements about its Aveeno Active Naturals Products when describing certain products as “natural” or “Active Naturals.” Johnson & Johnson denies all of the claims brought forth in the suit along with all allegations of wrongdoing, fault, liability, or damage of any kind to the Plaintiffs or the Settlement Class. Which party is right and which is wrong will not be decided by the court as the both have agreed to settle the matter now before any further costly and burdensome litigation. Those who believe they are eligible to receive compensation can begin the online claim filing process by going to the Aveeno Active Naturals Settlement page and clicking the Submit a Claim tab.
Anything else I need to know about the Aveeno Active Naturals Settlement?
- Includes those who purchased a Covered Product within the United States (including DC and all U.S. territories)
- The Covered Products must have been purchased between the dates of May 7th, 2007 through June 13th, 2017
- September 27th, 2017 is the date by which exclusions requests must be post-marked and objections must be filed
- Class Members may receive $2.50 per Covered Product with no proof of purchase (limit of 20 products up to $50)
Class Members who CAN produce proofs of the purchases are NOT limited to the amount of “Covered Products” they can claim (however, awards may be subject pro rata upward or downward adjustment depending on the number of claims that are approved). Claims must be filed online no later than February 4th, 2018 (or post-marked no later than this date if filing by mail). A full list of the “Covered Products” can be reviewed by clicking the Covered Products tab posted at the top of the at the Aveeno Active Naturals Settlement page. Those who have questions about the settlement can try reaching the Settlement Administrator by mail, phone, or email.
Aveeno Active Naturals Settlement Administrator
- 1801 Market Street, Suite 660, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- [email protected]