- Search in three different categories: Photos, People, and Groups
- SafeSearch settings can be adjusted to off, on, or moderate
Flickr users can optimize their experience by using the designated Flickr Search webpage. Upon arrival at the Flickr Search page users will see that they can search three different categories: Photos, People, and Groups. After selecting the needed category users will enter the search term into the field at the center of the page and then hit the Search button to see the appropriate results.
When searching for photos users should note that they can adjust the SafeSearch settings to SafeSearch Off, SafeSearch On, or SafeSearch Moderate. In addition the Photo search category of the Flickr Search page has some advanced search option users can take advantage of:
- Date take/Date uploaded – allows users to narrow down the search results within a specific time period with from date and to date
Minimum size – allows users to select a minimum size of small medium or large
- Orientation – users can select and photo orientation shape
- Content – select whether the search includes photos, video, or both
- Search in – users can select to search all or just tags
The Group search category on the Flickr Search page is a bit more simplistic than the Photo category search. When searching under the Group category, users will only need to choose whether or not they want to hide inactive groups and how they want the results sorted (relevancy, name, activity, size, oldest, newest).
Flickr Search users that are conducting a search through the People category will not have much to think about as the only thing shown here is the search field.
Users that are also members can access their accounts through the Flickr Search page by clicking on the Sign In button found near the top right of the page.