LA Tax Refund
- Obtain details in regards to Ardon v. City of Los Angeles
- The lawsuit states that the city of Los Angeles advised telephone companies to collect taxes that were not legally taxable
- Questions about the LA Telephone Refund Settlement Lawsuit can be directed to 888-643-6490
Class members in the LA Tax Refund case are defined as anyone who had this illegal tax collected between the dates of March 15, 2008 up until October 19, 2015. UUT denies any actions of wrong doing in the case but has agreed to “settle up” in efforts to avoid a long trial that could cost millions of dollars more than the settlement. This is case number BC363959 and was filed by private citizen residing in Los Angeles California.
LA Telephone Refund Claim Settlement Lawsuit Notes
- All claim forms are due by June 20, 2019
- Settlement amounts will be either $30 or $50
- A $30 settlement will be provided to those who have Residential Landline Service
- A $50 settlement will be provided to those who have Business Landline Service OR Mobile Service
Who does the LA Tax Refund settlement not include? “The Settlement Class does not include prepaid wireless customers (which includes customers who purchased plans described as “pay as you go,” “pay as you talk,” “pay and go wireless,” “prepay or burner phone service” and “no contract service”) but does include prepaid wireless service providers, i.e., those that provide the above services to customers who prepay for wireless service.” – LA Telephone Refund Settlement Lawsuit
Looking for a LA Tax Refund claim form via US Mail: Please write to Ardon v. City of Los Angeles Claims Administrator, P.O. Box 30196, College Station, TX 77842-3196 to obtain a free claim form and mail it back to the same address before the due date (2/20/16). Jon Tostrud from the Tostrud Law Group PC (based at 1925 Century Park East, Suite 2125, Los Angeles, CA 90067) will represent all class members who elect to stay in the case.